Full Timers RV Insurance: Everything You Need to Know
Full timers insurance is an optional add-on coverage for your RV insurance. It extends your protection to better reflect your needs as someone who lives in your RV full time.
Full timers insurance coverage includes:
- Personal liability coverage - if your actions accidentally injure someone or damage their stuff, you’ll usually get help covering expenses related to the incident.
- Premises liability coverage - if someone is injured or has their stuff damaged while visiting your RV, you can get help covering expenses such as medical and legal costs.
- Additional living expenses - if your RV is involved in a covered claim, you’ll get help covering the extra expenses while it’s repaired or replaced. This can include accommodation, transportation, and food.
- Change of Temperature Damage - if covered damage allows the temperature to further harm your RV and belongings, you’ll be protected.
- Forgery and Counterfeit Money - you’ll have protection if you’re the victim of a forged credit and debit cards and counterfeit money.
- Adjusted Policy Limits - The policy limits in certain areas are adjusted to better reflect the fact you’re living in your RV full time.
Basically, the full-timers insurance package takes over some aspects that would normally be covered by your home insurance policy, since you’re living in your RV. It’s similar to a condo or tenant's insurance policy. This is in addition to regular RV insurance coverage, which can include:
- Property Damage - If your RV, its contents, or detached structures (like sheds and decks) are damaged, you can have help repairing or replacing them.
- Debris Removal - This covers the cost of cleanup after a covered claim.
- Lock Replacement - If you’re the victim of theft, this will help cover the cost of replacing your locks.
- Golf Carts - We can extend protection to include your golf carts.
- Emergency Roadside Service - Specially designed for RVs, this roadside assistance provides towing, battery boost, flat tire repair, and fuel.
Keep in mind that your policy will vary depending on the RV you’re insuring and which insurance company you go with. It will also change depending on your choices such as optional coverage and policy limits.
How much does full timers insurance cost?
The price of full timers insurance depends on a few factors, including:
- Your insurance and claims history
- Your credit rating
- Your driving record (if insuring a motorhome)
- The year, make, model, and value of your RV
- Where you live
- Where you plan on going (i.e. to the US)
- Your coverage options including your deductible and policy limits
There are also a number of discounts you may be eligible for, such as:
- Bundling (if you have your full timer insurance with the same provider as your car insurance, for example)
- Clean driving record
- No claims
- Installed security devices
If you’re considering living in your RV full time, or you already do, contact one of our full timer RV insurance brokers to make sure you’ve got the protection you need.